No Cuts! No Caps!
The new American Health Care Act (AHCA) guts over
$800 billion from Medicaid. The proposed per capita caps and cuts will have devastating and deadly consequences for people w/disabilities & seniors.
Join us to educate Congress about what cuts and caps REALLY means.
Ways you can get involved:
Take a Selfie and Share Your Reasons to #SaveMedicaid
Stories and photos have major power. Print out the sign from the last page of the toolkit (link below) and use the blank space to write how cuts and caps to Medicaid will affect you. Take a selfie while holding your sign and post it to social media, tagging #SaveMedicaid and your Member of Congress: @SenatorCollins and/or @SenAngusKing
Call and Tweet your Story to your Member of Congress
- · Call: Call the Capitol switchboard at (202) 224‐3121. A switchboard operator will connect you directly with the Senate office you request. Use the tweets or talking points found in the #SaveMedicaid toolkit (see below) Call multiple times throughout the day! Contact your Governor too – caps and cuts shift costs to the states, and your Governor needs to hear from you.
- · Tweet your Member of Congress. @SenatorCollins and @SenAngusKing
Example: Cutting and capping Medicaid is dangerous for PWD. @mysenator #SaveMedicaid
Not sure what to say? See the list of talking points in the #SaveMedicaid Toolkit: http://tash.org/…/…/2017/06/June-6-Day-of-Action-Toolkit.pdf
Here are links to Senator Collins & Senator King that you can paste in your web browser:
Change your Twitter and Facebook Cover Images
On June 6, declare your support by changing your Twitter and Facebook cover images in support of #SaveMedicaid. Download the customized images from https://www.flickr.com/gp/aucd/m491v4.
Change your Facebook Profile Picture Frame
On June 6, declare your support by changing your Twitter and Facebook cover images in support of #SaveMedicaid. While logged in to Facebook,
1. Go to the profile picture frame feature
2. Click on the menu to the left of your profile picture
3. Select the frame you would like to add (#SaveMedicaid by AUCD)
4. Click Use as Profile Picture to save
Additional directions are included in the toolkit!