Empowerment Forum For People With Disabilities
5th Annual Empowerment Forum for People with Disabilities
Thursday August 17, 2017
Hilton Garden Inn Auburn Riverwatch
14 Great Falls Plaza
Auburn, Maine, 04210
Each year, the Empowerment Forum provides an opportunity for people with disabilities to learn about self-advocacy opportunities and skills through speakers, workshops on specific issues, and panel discussions.
Keynote Speaker - Sue Wiygul Martin
The course of Sue Martin's life has not been an easy one. Her first two decades on earth were pretty cool but then "real life" happened and she was, in no way prepared to face it. Following a series of devastating "tough breaks" Martin's life changed forever.
In the early days of her life with blindness everything was a struggle. Support from her friends, family, community, and two amazing teachers showed Martin she could live again.
- 8:30 - Check-in
- 9:00 - Welcome & introductions
- 9:15 - Keynote Speaker: Sue Wiygul Martin
- 10:45 - Break
- 11:00 - Avenues for Letting Your Voice be Heard
- 12:15 - Lunch (provided)
- 1:15 - Panel Discussion: Navigating the Challenges of Hidden Disabilities
- 2:45 - Wrap-up & evaluations
- Person with disability - NO CHARGE
- Provider or Other ($50.00; check payable to Maine Statewide Independent Living Council)
Register at the following webpage: https://caresinc.org/forum