Sweetser currently has 2 openings for Peer Support Specialists:
Peer Support Services
Location: Intentional Warm Line, Portland, ME
Position 1: Full Time (5 day work week, 12:00 midnight – 8:00 am). There is a shift differential for overnight.
Position 2: Part Time (2 day work week, times to be determined).
About the Peer Support Specialist Position:
By applying the tools the Peer Support Specialist has developed in his or her own recovery as well as the philosophy and values of
Intentional Peer Support, the Peer Support Specialist will build a connection, consider world view, maintain mutuality and move
towards a new way of being within the new relationship being built with the individual. The Peer Support Specialist will collaborate,
coach, and challenge individuals in viewing the crisis as an opportunity for growth and change; within each individuals recovery process.
The ideal person would:
· Fully understand and be able to actively implement the three principles and four tasks of Intentional Peer Support.
· Model relationship building, based on the four tasks of peer support, with participants, volunteers and colleagues.
· Fully understand and be able to actively implement the Eight Dimensions of Wellness as described by SAMHSA.
· Model the attributes of respect, trust, sensitivity and confidentiality to participants, volunteers and colleagues.
· Self-identified mental health consumer.
· State of Maine Certified Intentional Peer Support Specialist (CIPSS) Certification preferred.
· Provisional CIPS Certification required within 12 months of hire date.
· Paid, or unpaid, peer support experience preferred.
· Demonstrate understanding of Intentional Peer Support.
· Demonstrate knowledge of personal Recovery.
· Ability to work with diverse populations and accept differences in perspective and values.
· Basic computer skills; including receiving and sending emails.
Please feel free to call Scott Metzger at (207) 842-2401 with questions concerning the position.
All applications must be submitted on-line: http://www.sweetserjobs.org/careers/