The Consumer Council System of Maine has a current job opening for a part-time office assistant. This position is for 15 hours per week.
Please see the job description here for more information.
Please email a Resume and Cover letter to: [email protected] or you can mail it to:
Att: Simonne Maline
Consumer Council System of Maine
55 Middle Street, Suite 2
Augusta, ME 04330
You may contact the office with any questions: 430-8300 or 1-877-207-5073
Central Western Maine Workforce Investment Board
Disability Employment Initiative (DEI)
POSITION: Disability Resource Coordinator (DRC)
BACKGROUND: The Disability Employment Initiative is a federally funded project designed to improve the accessibility and services of Maine’s workforce development system, particularly CareerCenters, for people with disabilities.
This project is active in Kennebec, Somerset, Androscoggin, Franklin, and Oxford Counties. It is funded through January 31, 2017, with potential for a short extension.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: Disability Resource Coordinators improve coordination and collaboration among employment and training programs carried out at a state and local level and assist with increasing participation in the Bureau of Employment Services’ Ticket to Work Employment Network. The DRCs’ key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Operate as members of the DEI team
· Implement DEI grant activities
· Assist with the Ticket to Work program
· Build effective community partnerships that leverage public and private resources;
· Assure the accessibility of one-stop services and programs for all community members with disabilities
· Serve as a resource to CareerCenter staff, partner agency staff and employers to better serve individuals with disabilities and to improve employment outcomes
· The equivalent of six years of full-time workforce development, business, community service, or disability related program experience at the local, regional, statewide, or national level.
· Knowledge of, and familiarity with, local and regional agencies and programs, knowledge of community resources and systems
· Knowledge of, and ability to use, web-based and other information resources to access knowledge of agencies, programs, community resources and systems
· Demonstrated ability to work with and through several systems simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to carry out several different projects simultaneously
· Demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships
· Demonstrated ability in problem-solving, networking, group leading, goal setting, and follow through
· Ability to work independently AND as part of a team
· Demonstrated ability with developing written materials
· Demonstrated ability to deliver oral presentations
· Education and degrees will be considered when combined with work experience as an alternative to the six years full time work experience requirement.
· Experience with public workforce development programs
· Experience with people with disabilities
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Experience with community-based programs and outreach to disadvantaged populations
· Demonstrated ability to create and manage a broad network of professional contacts and resources
· Creativity and demonstrated ability to take initiative
OTHER INFORMATION: This position is based in the Augusta CareerCenter and will primarily serve Kennebec and Somerset Counties. Travel throughout the project region and other parts of Maine will occasionally be required. Out of state travel is possible but rare.
COMPENSATION: annual salary $40,000, full health insurance coverage, full health insurance coverage, 403(b) retirement fund, paid holidays/vacation/sick leave
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Close of business, February 11, 2015
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
APPLICATION PROCESS: Please submit a cover letter, current resume, and three professional references to [email protected]
An overview of the position and a technical description of the DEI are available upon request
No phone calls, please.